Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday: Yarn Wrapped Wreath with Felt Flowers

So I found a beautiful wreath from ItzFitz Etsy shop on Pinterest. It looked so stinking cute that I thought, "hey! maybe I could make that". And so I tried...and here's how it turned out:




I got my yarn and berries from AC Moore. And I had felt on hand from previous projects. I bought a straw wreath from Wal-Mart. I wrapped the yarn around the entire wreath. Then I used the red and green as accents. I secured the loose ends with hot glue on the back side of the wreath. Next came time to make the felt flowers. Here's a quick video to show you how I made them. 


Next I just cut my berry stems and arranged them where I liked them and then hot glued them into place. And that was it. This project was neither quick nor simple for me. The wrapping of the tan yarn took a long time and I struggled making the felt flowers at first but I finally found a method. After numerous ideas for decorating the wreath I finally came up with this and I love it. I hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment