Friday, December 20, 2013

Homemade Coffee Spa Essentials

I am a coffee lover...not only do I love coffee but I love flavored coffee. My favorites would be vanilla and hazelnut...or the combo of the two. So when I was deciding to make some homemade sugar scrubs for Christmas gifts I thought that coffee would be a great idea. This is the perfect gift for people who love the smell of coffee but either cannot drink it or don't want to for caffeinated reasons. So give them the gift of coffee that they can enjoy. Not only that but caffeine is great for your skin! Don't believe me?!?! Check out this information from LiveStrong.

When I made mine I decided to a vanilla hazelnut coffee, but you can use any coffee you wish. I also had on hand ground coffee so that saved me the step of grinding it myself. 

Coffee Sugar Scrub:
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup ground coffee
 oil (I used almond oil but you could use coconut too)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix the sugar and coffee together. Add oil until you get a nice consistency (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup). Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract (just a little extra kick of vanilla). 

Once you mix it all up...take a minute and breathe in that amazing smell....then fill some fun jars and label them. This is how mine turned out.


I loved the sugar scrub so much I also went a step further and made coffee infused bath salts.

Coffee Bath Salts Recipe:
1 1/2 cups Epsom Salts
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup table salt
3 Tbsp ground coffee
3 Tbsp brewed coffee (cooled)

Mix together the first 4 ingredients. Next, carefully pour brewed coffee and stir well. Make sure the mixture is well mixed and all clumps are removed. Allow the mixture to sit out in an opened container for 24 hrs or until dry. Mix as needed to break up clumps and allow thorough drying. Once it is dry, place in jars and label.


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment