Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pinspiration Sunday: Mustaches!

Well this isn’t necessarily something I found on Pinterest but because of Pinterest I’ve fallen in love with mustaches! There is just something so fun about putting a mustache on….anyways, I also love the concept of them incorporated with babies…or little men…and my son is such a little man! So for his first birthday we are planning a Mustache Bash! I looked online for invites but either couldn’t afford the really nice ones or they just weren’t what I was looking for. So I decided to make my own. Here’s a test run of it. I’m trying to find an affordable Billionaire Cricut cartridge so I can get the mustache cutout but in the meantime I used a stamp from inkadinkado. I bought printable paper from Honey Bunny Studio on Etsy. This Little Man collection was only $5 and included 10 different designs. The special font I got for FREE from dafont called Quinten Caps. The front shape was Cartoche from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge at a 3 ½ size setting. For the inside, well that took some work. I am not savvy in the digital design world. I used Microsoft Word 2010 and somehow through inserting a 2 X 2 table and inserting a text block over the font and shifting to behind the words…I got what I got…I honestly can’t explain how. And you are most likely laughing at my stupidity, but I’m okay with that. In the end it all came together and I couldn’t be happier. I printed the pattern on an 8.5 X 11 cream cardstock. Flipped it over and printed the inside. The allowed me to make 2 invitations per sheet. Finally I just inked the edges. Here's what I finished with...

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinspiration Sunday: Scarflette

So I’m really going to work on getting some crafting done…I’ve definitely been slacking and now it’s time for me to get my butt in gear. I’ve found lots of great ideas on Pinterest and I’m going to try to make one project at least every two weeks. I’m calling it Pinspiration Sunday. When I make a project I will be sure to write about it on here. So here goes my first project: a scarflette.

I honestly don’t know how often I will use this but I found this tutorial and thought I would give it a try. But basically I just looked at the picture and tried it my own way…I don’t knit or crochet and I’m not very good at sewing (but I’m trying) so I just used some stitch witchery to assist me in this project. First I went to the thrift store and found this sweater. It was $4.99 but it had a green tag which meant that it was the half price color of the week….BONUS!

I took off all the buttons and but one sleeve off.

Next I used stitch witchery to seal the ends (SOOOOO EASY!)

Then I just sewed the buttons on the one end. Now these are nonfunctioning buttons so I think I’m going to buy some Velcro to help hold the two ends together. And that’s it. It was a crazy easy project and for not really having a clue what I was doing, I think it turned out pretty cool. Hope you like it!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The King Married His Queen...and They Had a Photo Booth!

Well the nuptials of King and Cupiccia came and went this past weekend. It was a blast and a pleasure to not only be there to see it but to be a part of it! I love them both and wish them a lifetime of happiness!!!! And our gift of a photo booth was achieved! It turned out great. My wonderful electronics engineering husband made a button to operate the Spark Booth software which we purchased for $59. We bought a tripod for around $40 at Best Buy. We already had a computer monitor that we weren't using so we attached that to the tripod and attached the webcam on top and used my laptop to run the program. I wish we would have taken a picture of the finally setup to show you, but unfortunately, we did not. Instead of using the fabric I bought at the antique store we just used the barn wall which was a GREAT background! The props were placed on a table between the barn and the tripod. The button box was attached to the table via Velcro. The wedding was outdoors in the late afternoon into the evening hours so we bought a can light that we attached to the tripod and used a 40 watt bulb. Next time we will place a light diffusing sheet over it as the light was a little bright.
We didn't have a printer for the night so we uploaded the images on to a private PhotoBucket page and password protected it. On the table with the props we left a "Thank You" box with the web address and password so people could view everyone's photos. All-in-all I would say that we did a great job with this project. I think the Kings and their guest enjoyed it...I know I sure did!