Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday: Christmas Balls in a Shadow Box

So I've seen various takes on displaying either Christmas balls or bells in a shadow box with a cute phrase attached in or around it. Well here's my take on it: 



I bought 2 shadow boxes about 6 weeks ago from a local thrift store I paid $3 each for them. Since they were an already made up, manufactured decoration, I had to take it apart first. Once it was apart, I took the cardboard backing and covered it with Mod Podge and pressed the burlap onto it. 



Once that dried, I cut the excess burlap off around the cardboard edges. 
I bought some small ornaments on black friday from Kmart for about $3. I put them inside the frame. Now the frame wasn't quite deep enough from my ornaments so I couldn't use the nails that were located on the back to hold the cardboard in place. Instead, I taped the cardboard back on. Next, the fame was a little beat up with a few spots that had some sticker residue. 



For that I simply took a sanding block and sanded the white frame. Then I took a damp cloth and wiped the frame down. 
Next it was time to decide what to write on the front. I was originally thinking about cutting something out with vinyl on the cricut machine but then I remembered something else I bought on black friday. I got this from JoAnn Fabrics for $5!


I chose the word "peace".

It's a sticker, so I just stuck it on the front glass.


And there you have it....a Christmas ball shadow box decoration. 



Hope this inspires you! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment