Monday, August 27, 2012

The Perfect Pair

Well here are the last two flags I made. I painted them as close to the wedding colors as I could. I wanted one side to say Mr. and Mrs. but I wasn’t sure what to put on the other. I searched my cricut cartridges for inspiration and on the Sweethearts cartridge (obviously the perfect one for a wedding) I chose “the perfect pair” and “you and me” I like these because in a sequence of photo booth images, each side could be used. I then cut out the words/letters and then mod podged them on. I think they turned out great! What do you think?

Then to finish my prop collection I went thrift store shopping…unfortunately I didn’t find as much as I would have liked to but I did buy two hats and a string of pearls. I also found a tub to put the props in and a metal decoration that had a flower in the center. I taped off the outside and sprayed it with the chalkboard paint. Now it’s my sign for the photo booth. I also went to A C Moore and bought some cutout finished wood words for $1.16 each. I bought “smile”, “kiss”, and “party” and also bought two small chalkboards just in case it was needed and they were, I think, $1.19 each. Here’s what the finish props look like:

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chalkboard Flags

So I wanted to make some chalkboard props for my friend's fastly approaching wedding. I bought some unfinished wood flags awhile back when I purchased my other prop making items. Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture of the flags, sorry. I bought 5 altogether and they were clearanced for 25 cents each (bonus!)I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint for a few bucks at Walmart. I sprayed 2 coats over the flag. It did cover the part of the handle but I thought I would just pain over that anyways. But when I tried to, my paint would not cover it. So I painted to the rest of the handle black to match. I didn't want black handles I looked though my mess of supplies (and I do mean craftroom looks like the police came with a search warrant) and found some lace. I used mod podge on the handles, put the lace over top and allowed it to dry overnight. The end product looks like this:

I did 3 of the 5 flags as chalkboards. The other two I did something a little different. You'll have to check back for that finished product later! Thanks for stopping by :0)