Friday, July 19, 2013

Revamp~A~Lamp

Hello. My name is Ellie and I'm an Elvis fan. With that said...you should know that I don't want to own all the cheesy memorabilia there is out there. And this lamp was....C-H-E-E-S-Y! But I will say that when my grandparents-in-law purchased this, they thought they were doing something really sweet and I totally appreciate it...however, this lamp spent about a year in a box...then made it to my craft room and now it is a craft project...it is time to revamp this lamp!


So here's how I did it. First I taped off the socket and cord using masking tape and a plastic shopping bag.


Next, I sprayed the entire lamp with a white primer.


I was originally going to spray paint the lamp with that famous La Fond Copper spray paint I've been using so much lately but I really hadn't realized that the lamp was textured...the words were raised! Ugh! So on to plan B. In came my good friend Mod Podge. And I had this prefect scrapbook paper too!


I love this cute little detail!


I covered the lamp with the Mod Podge and wrapped the paper around it. Holding it in place a few minutes.


Once it dried, I used an xacto knife to cut off the excess paper. Then I sealed the outside of the paper with the Mod Podge and allowed it to dry completely.



Here it is on my new nightstand. 



Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment