Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday: Burlap Wrapped Letter

I'm falling in love with burlap. When I found this on Pinterest I knew I had to try it. The picture is actually from an Etsy shop named DuryeaPlaceDesigns.



I wanted to make this for my mother for her birthday. I only spent $4 on the wood letter that I picked up at A.C. Moore. I had everything else scattered around my craft room. Here’s what you’ll need to make one like mine:

Burlap
Flowers (I used different kinds of Prima flowers)
Berry garland
Hot glue gun and glue
Scissors
Wire cutters
Glimmer mists of various shades
Leaves


I started out with my letter.


First I cut my burlap into about 2 and ½ inch strip and wrapped around the letter securing each end behind the letter with hot glue.



I then realized that this was too thick for the burlap strip. I then cut the next piece of burlap somewhere between 1 and ½ inches to 2 inches. I wish I could explain how I got around the edges that stick out, but I have no idea…I just moved the burlap around and around and used a lot of hot glue…lol. But it worked! I used a total of 3 strips of burlap.





Next I used Tattered Angel's glimmer mist to color my flowers and leaves. I tried to use colors on the flowers that matched the berries from a piece of berry garland I wanted to use with this project.


Then I just arranged them how I liked them and hot glued them down. I used excess wire from the berry garland and curled them around a pen to get the few curly twigs.




Here’s the final letter.


And here's another one I made for my Aunt.




You can either tie ribbon on the top (seen in the picture above) or use a wreath holder to hang it.



No comments:

Post a Comment