Monday, February 11, 2013

Oatmeal Smoothie...I just had to share



So I found this recipe on Pinterest for Lauren Conrad’s 7 Days to skinny Jeans...it was an Oatmeal Smoothie. Sounded delicious but was too many Weight Watchers points. Her recipe goes like this: 1 cup ice. 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries. 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt. 1 banana. 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 1 tablespoon honey. This would have been 8 WWpt+ (and that's assuming the frozen fruits weren't sweetened...11 WWpts+ if they are sweetened...yikes!)




I wanted to make it a little more Weight Watchers friendly. So here's what I used to make my smoothie: 4 ice cubes. 1/2 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries. 1/2 cup vanilla fat free greek yogurt. 1 banana. 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats. 1/4 cup fat free milk. This is 6 WWpts+.

No comments:

Post a Comment