Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pinspiration Sunday: Mustaches!

Well this isn’t necessarily something I found on Pinterest but because of Pinterest I’ve fallen in love with mustaches! There is just something so fun about putting a mustache on….anyways, I also love the concept of them incorporated with babies…or little men…and my son is such a little man! So for his first birthday we are planning a Mustache Bash! I looked online for invites but either couldn’t afford the really nice ones or they just weren’t what I was looking for. So I decided to make my own. Here’s a test run of it. I’m trying to find an affordable Billionaire Cricut cartridge so I can get the mustache cutout but in the meantime I used a stamp from inkadinkado. I bought printable paper from Honey Bunny Studio on Etsy. This Little Man collection was only $5 and included 10 different designs. The special font I got for FREE from dafont called Quinten Caps. The front shape was Cartoche from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge at a 3 ½ size setting. For the inside, well that took some work. I am not savvy in the digital design world. I used Microsoft Word 2010 and somehow through inserting a 2 X 2 table and inserting a text block over the font and shifting to behind the words…I got what I got…I honestly can’t explain how. And you are most likely laughing at my stupidity, but I’m okay with that. In the end it all came together and I couldn’t be happier. I printed the pattern on an 8.5 X 11 cream cardstock. Flipped it over and printed the inside. The allowed me to make 2 invitations per sheet. Finally I just inked the edges. Here's what I finished with...



No comments:

Post a Comment