Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pinspiration Sunday: Scarflette

So I’m really going to work on getting some crafting done…I’ve definitely been slacking and now it’s time for me to get my butt in gear. I’ve found lots of great ideas on Pinterest and I’m going to try to make one project at least every two weeks. I’m calling it Pinspiration Sunday. When I make a project I will be sure to write about it on here. So here goes my first project: a scarflette.



I honestly don’t know how often I will use this but I found this tutorial and thought I would give it a try. But basically I just looked at the picture and tried it my own way…I don’t knit or crochet and I’m not very good at sewing (but I’m trying) so I just used some stitch witchery to assist me in this project. First I went to the thrift store and found this sweater. It was $4.99 but it had a green tag which meant that it was the half price color of the week….BONUS!



I took off all the buttons and but one sleeve off.




Next I used stitch witchery to seal the ends (SOOOOO EASY!)




Then I just sewed the buttons on the one end. Now these are nonfunctioning buttons so I think I’m going to buy some Velcro to help hold the two ends together. And that’s it. It was a crazy easy project and for not really having a clue what I was doing, I think it turned out pretty cool. Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment