For Christmas my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law got me Vanilla Bean Noel foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works. Once that was gone I saved the pump for a future project…this is that project!!!! Here’s what I used:
Soap dispenser pump
Drill and drill bit
Needle nose pliers
Hand soap to fill your finished jar
I used a pint sized, wide mouth jar for my project.
First I drilled a hole into the center of the lid. The largest drill bit I had was ½ inch. This wasn’t big enough for my pump so I used needle nose pliers and bent the edges back until the pump could fit into it snuggly. I also used the pliers to then flatten the pieces I pulled back against the lid.
Then I inserted the pump and attempted to screw the lid on, however the stick was too long so I had to cut a little bit off the end until it was short enough for me to screw the lid on.
Next I wrapped the jar with yarn I had left over from my yarn ball wreath. I actually wanted to use twine but I was all out…I’m not sure how I let that happen…however the red yarn with sequins looks good too and I think it would be nice to have this out during the holiday season. As I got towards the bottom of the jar it starts to curve and my yarn kept falling off so to help get a few more rows on I used a few glue dots to help it stick. I stuffed the end of the yarn under one of the rows and applied a small amount of mod podge to it to help it from unraveling.
This is my final jar:
I'm not sure how I feel about the lid just yet. I may end up spraying it with spray paint and seal it up...haven't decided yet. If I do I will be sure to post an update :)