Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday: Decoupage Plate Covers

I started pinning about a year ago and one of my very early pins was decoupage light switch and electrical socket covers. My original pin was from The Real Housewives of Riverton. Here's what they did:



This is how I made mine. All you need is the covers you want to makeover, Mod Podge, ink (for the edges if you like that look), scissors and paper. I bought some new covers from Lowe's just incase this did not turn out well...LOL..but it did! Anyways, those covers were just over $1 each.



Once I found which scrapbook paper I wanted to use, I traced the plug openings on the back side of the paper.






Then cut the holes out,inked the edges around the holes and then attached the paper to the cover by I covering the plate front with mod podge and lined the holes up and smoothed out the paper making sure not to leave any air bubbles. The edges were curved back so I made sure the paper was completely against the plate and allowed this to dry.





After it dried, I cut along the edge.



Next I mod podged the entire surface again and allowed that to dry overnight. (I actually wanted to ink the outside edges prior to this but I got a little too eager…oops! Finally, I attached the plate to the electrical socket.



And there you have it. I plan on making more and when I do I will be sure to post the pictures of the finished covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment