Monday, October 22, 2012

Leftover Dough Ornament

I made my mustache ornaments and had some dough left that was not large enough to make another mustache out of.I didn't want to waste it so I just rolled it out, used a wine glass to create a circle (I don't have a round cookie cutter, obviously something I need to invest in) then dusted a stamp with cornstarch and imprinted it on the dough and made a hole for a string or ribbon. This particular ornament I didn't bake...I saw a recipe where you just leave it out for 2 days to harden so I tried that. Then I sprayed it with Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Blue Skies. Next I took a sponge with Tim Holtz distressed ink in Broken China on it and rubbed all over. After that I sprayed it with Marshmallow colored glimmer mist. Finally I sealed it with Mod Podge and put twine through the hole to hang. This is what it looks like.


This picture was with the flash to show the glimmer.


This is just another way you can decorate those homemade ornaments instead of using paint or stain. The decorating literally took me less that 5 minutes. Super easy and looks pretty cool if you ask me. :^P

No comments:

Post a Comment