Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lomography

In the age of technology where everyone wants things done quickly and with instant results, it’s hard to believe that people are still interested in film cameras. My husband started telling me months ago about this cheap fisheye camera he saw on Amazon that he thought I would like. But I told him that we shouldn’t waste our money especially since my digital pictures can be altered on my computer to make the image a “fisheye” image. And so we kind of left it at that. Then about 2 months ago, Angela was telling me about Lomography cameras and was showing what they did. Little did I know at the time that the fisheye cam was in fact a lomograghy camera as well. So we explored the world of Holga and Diana and I was blown away by the uniqueness, obscured, and vibrant images that appeared with these cameras. The color contrast is amazing and the vignette images are awesome. Sure now with the digital cameras and the software that provided you can create similar images. But where is the element of surprise???? With the Lomography camera and film…you can shoot, shoot, shoot and see what happened later. As you can tell I’m very excited about these cameras. I plan on purchasing my own Diana F+ here in the near future. When I do, I’ll be sure to let you know what I think.



P.S. Jon you’re awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment