Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday: DIY Canvas Quotes


I absolutely love these simple art pieces with a catchy phrase on them. When I came across this Pin from Southern Belle Soul, Mountain Bride Heart, I quickly wanted to try it.

Here’s what you will need:
Canvas
Newspaper, book pages, magazines
Adhesive/Sealant (i.e. Mod Podge)
Paint brush
Paint
Letter stickers

Here’s what I used:
8X10 canvas
Newspaper
Mod Podge in Matte
Paint brush
Orange and Bronze acrylic paint
Sticker letters (I made mine using a Cricut Machine, Cricut Craft Room Software, Cricut Vinyl, Plantin Schoolbook cartridge…all I had, so no purchase necessary!)

 


First I covered the canvas with Mod Podge and firmly pressed the newspaper on to the canvas and allowed it to dry overnight.Unfortunately my newspaper was attached a little crooked :^/ But what are ya gonna do? It's homemade!





My words are lyrics from The Lumineers’ song Dead Sea. I cut them out and placed them on the newspaper covered canvas.



Next I combined the orange and bronze paint until I reach my desired color and painted over the entire canvas (2 coats allowed them to dry in between) including the sides.



Then, carefully removed the letters.



Seal with Mod Podge…and you’re done!



This will look great on our made over bedroom wall :)

Here's the inspiration from Southern Belle's:







No comments:

Post a Comment