Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chalkboard Flags

So I wanted to make some chalkboard props for my friend's fastly approaching wedding. I bought some unfinished wood flags awhile back when I purchased my other prop making items. Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture of the flags, sorry. I bought 5 altogether and they were clearanced for 25 cents each (bonus!)I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint for a few bucks at Walmart. I sprayed 2 coats over the flag. It did cover the part of the handle but I thought I would just pain over that anyways. But when I tried to, my paint would not cover it. So I painted to the rest of the handle black to match. I didn't want black handles though...so I looked though my mess of supplies (and I do mean mess...my craftroom looks like the police came with a search warrant) and found some lace. I used mod podge on the handles, put the lace over top and allowed it to dry overnight. The end product looks like this:


I did 3 of the 5 flags as chalkboards. The other two I did something a little different. You'll have to check back for that finished product later! Thanks for stopping by :0)

1 comment:

  1. This as well as everything else you do is amazing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete