Friday, March 16, 2012

Filler

So I went looking for filler for in the baskets that we are making for my sister-in-laws bridal shower. I couldn't believe the prices. They want $3 or $4 per bag and it'll only fill one basket and we are making 6....NO WAY! I'm totally not paying that price. Then I walked in to Michael's and yes they wanted $3.99/bag, yuck! So I went on with my shopping (had to pick up a gift card for a co-worker's 50th b-day) and noticed the single sheets of scrapbook paper/cardstock was on sale 6 for $1....LIGHT BULB TURNS ON....why don't I just pick out colors similar to her wedding colors and take the cardstock home and shred it in my paper shredder??? So that's what I did. I bought $6 worth and it's enough to fill each basket at $1 a piece....I'm so thirfty and crafty that sometimes I scare myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment