Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Crafting a Wedding

So as it turns out, life with a new baby leaves just about zero time for crafts. But I've managed to sneak some time in to get things made for my sister-in-laws wedding. I had to make wine glass charms for the bridal shower. I ordered both the charms and the charm rings from people off Etsy.com, then I just used beads I had at home. And My friend, Angela, her mom and I went thrift store shopping to find wine glasses. I think they turned out really nice. All the beading is different and I picked out 3 different charms (a ring in a box, a dress and an envelope with a heart coming out). Here's what they look like:






Another task I took on was creating flowers for our hair that would match our dresses. Her wedding colors are camo and fern green. Our dress (thank goodness) are the fern green. So with a little help from Pinterest.com, my friend, Angela had pinned and flower pillow how-to from MarthaStewart.com which showed how to make flowers from satin...very easy...but I've never attempted anything like this before. So when we bought our dresses we also bought the fabric sample swatches that I used to make the flowers. I bought some shiny antique, gold tulle from JoAnn fabrics and with alittle cutting and sewing I had this:



My next task will be finishing the card box for the wedding...my inspiration?


You'll have to wait until next time to see how it turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment