Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Womb to the World

Well I'm now 38wks preggers and we are impatiently awaiting Grayson's arrival. I've worked on his album as much as I can. I seperated each page as one month of pregnancy and it will included his birth and coming home. I thought I would show you what I have done so far. The album I used I bought from marionsmithdesigns.com. As I have shared before, I love her work and she sells great products. This is what the album looked like before I tore it apart.
 

Here are the inside pages...the whole book is made of heavy chipboard


I used paint to cover the pages, seperating each trimester by color. I used a variety of papers, prima flowers, ribbons, bling, buttons, glimmer mists ect. And item's designed by Marion Smith and Tim Holtz. Here's the album so far...



This pull tab is great! Learned it from Marion Smith! Check out how to make it from her video on ustream


This leaf we found at our Maternity photo shoot and we took a picture with it next to my belly...I love fall and I loved that picture...I saved the leaf and mod podged it to my page


I embellished this book with lots of flowers and other items with 3D dots which made it too large for the original binding. So I had to cut the covers off and I just bound it with ribbon then embellised the binding with the birdcage and pin. I really like the way this book is turning out...now we just gotta get this little guy out so I can finish it! Thanks for looking...hope you like it too!

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love all the details! I love the leaf idea so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book for grayson is just the cutest thing ever. you do really nice things!

    ReplyDelete