Thursday, October 14, 2010

BOO!

So it's taken me longer than I thought to get this Halloween mini done. I've been so busy with work and sleep, I don't have much time to do anything else...but I thought I would share some of the pages I have done so far. I started with a chipboard album that I purchased from Target for 99 cents. I actually had a couple of these so I used a page from another set to make a total of 6 pages or 10 with a cover and back. Next I painted just the edges with black craft paint. Next I cut 12 pieces of paper the same size...something just over 5 inches and I glued them to each page. I then punched two holes to bind the book on each page. Next I bounded the book with different ribbon. Here's the cover:
This was a piece of scrapbook paper and the letters that say "Boo" were stickers from Target for 99cents.



The pumpkin on this page was actually a chipboard Halloween cut-outs set that I bought from A.C.Moore for only $2. There were 10 all together. Now these cut-outs were plain so I painted them with craft paint then embossed them with clear ultra thick embossing enamel (UTEE). I used this technique thoughout my album. If you would like to learn how to do this check out Marion Smith's A piece of craft dot com channel on youtube for a video demo(she shares this tip and lots others on there...she's great!) The flourishes were stickers bought from Target for only 99 cents!




This one just has a pocket...the card pulls out so I can journal on it or put a picture on it or both!



The moon was from that Halloween chipboard pack that I painted whit and yellow and embossed with clear UTEE. This page has room to put a picture on the pocket and then the tag pulls out which can be used as a photo mat and journal card...







This one again can be used as a photo mat or journal card or both and the letters are chipboard in which I again painted using purple craft paint and embossed with clear UTEE.

So thats all that I have done now...I'll hopefully have the finshed product done soon and then I can fill it with pictures and whatnot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment